My first vegan dish in the Bri Meets World series was brought to us by Nina from Lemons and Luggage. This dish was very easy to make… do not let the time required scare you away. Just remember that you need to soak the beans in water the night before cooking this soup.
I also feel like this would be a really great recipe to use while camping. I do not camp at all so I could be wrong, but it gave me cozy, outdoor vibes for sure. I could easily see myself eating this around a fire.
I would definitely make this recipe again, but I want to try adding different seasonings to it to give the recipe a little something extra. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Albanian White Bean Stew
- Cutting Board
- 2⅓ cups White Beans
- 6½ cups Water
- 2 Onions Chopped
- 1 stalk Celery Sliced
- 2 Carrots Sliced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Parsley Chopped
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Salt To taste
- Starting the night before, soak your beans at least 6-8 hours.
- In fresh water, bring beans to a boil.
- Add the celery, carrots, bay leaves, and ½ of the chopped onion to the pot.
- Simmer about 2½ hours, until the beans were tender.
- Sauté the remaining onion and add the tomato puree.
- Add your onion/tomato puree sauce to the soup, add salt, let simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with parsley.