Fueling Wanderlust: 20 Photos to Make You Want to Visit Ireland
Known as “The Emerald Isle,” Ireland lives up to its name no matter what part you travel to, and it is a country that fuels my wanderlust like no other. Falling in love with the country was the easy part; I fell in love while dancing and singing in the local pubs, I fell in love while standing on a cliff looking at nothing but the Atlantic Ocean, and I fell in love with the people everywhere I went. I left part of my heart in Ireland, and I am so happy I did because it was well worth it.
Here are 20 pictures that will make you want to jump on a plane headed for Ireland and never look back again!
1. The River Liffey at Night (Dublin)
2. Irish Humor Posted Outside The Brazen Head (A MUST eat in Dublin!)
3. Glendalough, Home of Monostatic Ruins
4. Glendalough, Upper Lake
5. The Long Library (Trinity College, Dublin)
6. Guinness – I don’t like drinking Guinness except it tasted pretty great when poured fresh and correctly at the Storehouse.
7. Taking the scenic route everywhere I went.
8. The pubs were so much fun. The people were friendly, the beer was good, and the live music was incredible.
9. Receiving the “Gift of Gab” (Blarney Castle)
10. Exploring Killarney National Park (no filter needed!)
11. Seeing amazing views along The Ring of Kerry
12. Eating Murphy’s Ice Cream
13. Visiting The Aran Islands (Inishmore)
14. Finding Old Churches (Killarney)
15. Watching the Kilkenney’s play Galway Girl live on Woman’s Christmas.
16. The People
17. Finding Waterfalls (The Ring of Kerry)
18. Going Sweater Shopping
19. The Cliffs of Moher
20. Last but not least, there is nothing like seeing a double rainbow when in Ireland. I’m sure I could have found the pot of gold if I weren’t so mesmerized by everything else the country had to offer.